January 23, 2014
I have always been a great fan of value sets. Especially Skincare and hair care. It is a great way of trying multiple products at a fraction of cost before committing on a full size one. But are these value sets actually value for money?
In the past I have purchased some sets, only to find that the set contained huge bottles of mediocre products and just a deluxe size of the ‘real’ product. I remember buying this set costing a whopping $99 plus, only to realize that the set contained full size face wash, Sunscreen and tiny sample of the actual serum that I was most interested in. I totally understand that face wash and sunscreens are equally important, but in my personal experience with skincare products, I find that drug stores carry equally good face wash and sunscreens. So paying a huge amount of money for brand name face wash is something I would not want.
Sephora usually has amazing value sets and especially awesome ones during the holidays.
The dazzling picks are my personal picks currently available at Sephora. I find these sets have great variety of products to try and are great value for money.
1. Sephora Beauty Essential Oil set: This is my absolute favorite set and it has 12 amazing products for skin, hair, Face and lips all in decent sizes.
2. Sephora Favorites Skin Blender Vol 1: This set has 10 deluxe sized products and is targeted towards skin nourishment. A close look at the product and I see this working more for combination and dry skin beauties. This is a better value for money set in comparison to the vol 2 which is next on my list.
3. Sephora Favorites Skin Cleanse Vol 2: This set has 9 deluxe sized products and is targeted towards skin cleansing. Most of the products are specially designed for oily skin and combination skin. I would have preferred if the sets had cleansing products for dry skin as well. Nevertheless, an amazing value for money set.
4. Ole Henriksen The works kit: This particular set has products from only one brand, unlike the above three that has product mix of multiple brands. Ole Henriksen is a good brand and the kit has a cleanser, a serum, an oil and 2 other decent sized products. The Ole Henriksen brand has many kits depending on one’s skin conditions and preference, but this one has best sellers and decent sized ones.
5. Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Wrinkle Brightening kit: This is a popular and expensive brand. Most of the products in this kit are best sellers and of great size. A great value for money!
There are many value sets at Sephora and these are my top picks and personal favorites. They would make good gifts too.